Faith accepts the impossible as a real possibility!
Faith ignores the obvious and takes a step of obedience anyway.
Four levels of Faith:
- No Faith – God doing no “mighty” works…
- Little Faith – God limited by unbelief
- Strong Faith – God pleased with a growing faith…
- Great Faith – God answering prayer – unleashed!
Christ addressed (#2) Little Faith more often then any…because most people live in this category & because it’s so important for us to move from defeat (being overcome) to success (overcoming)
1. Overcoming Care (worry) – Matthew 6:25-30
- v26 – Food = needs – God takes care of everything – trust Him!
v27 – Growth = your progress – stay healthy & God will grow you – trust Him!
v28 – Clothing = How you look – God gives beauty – trust Him!
v34 – Future = our tomorrows – God is in control – trust Him!
Anxiety / stress / Worry / peer pressure – Philippians 4:6
2. Overcoming Fear – Matthew 8:26
- When we’re alone and afraid…
- Wonder what Jesus is dreaming?
A. Fear of rejection – non –acceptance / people trap (Phobias – fear cripple)
B. Fear of evil – forces, men, workings (Fears now and then)
C. Fear of tragedy – loss, the worst (Isaiah 41:10)
3. Overcoming Logic – Matthew 16:8
- They were trying to rationalize a spiritual teaching
- God is bigger then calendars – “revivals” scheduled, budgets – when it doesn’t make sense on paper
- God wants me to trust Him past…my reasoning’s, my senses (sight), my ability, my comfort zone
- Faith accepts the impossible as a real possibility!
- Faith ignores the obvious and takes a step of obedience.
We can overcome … because
- God is on our side and He’s in control – ch.1
- God gives us power and strength – ch.2
- God gives us people to help – ch.4
- God gives us resources – ch.6
Leave a Reply